These steps will show you how to verify your Bluehost domain with Google Search Console. This can take 10 minutes or longer, depending on how familiar you are with the DNS zone on Bluehost.
- Login to Google Search Console
- Click on Search Property or the domain dropdown menu (it will look different depending on you account setup)
You have no domains verified:
You have a domain verified:
- Click Add Property in the dropdown menu (will be at the bottom)
- A new window will pop open:
- Enter your domain and click Continue
- Google will prompt you on your verification method options
- Copy the verification string
- Login to Bluehost
- Click on the Domains navigation link (left side of screen)
- Go to the Manage drop down next to the domain you want to verify.
Note: If your domain is not here, that domain is likely managed somewhere else. Go here to find the name servers.
- Next, open the Manage drop down, select DNS
- Scroll to the TXT Records section (about 4 sections down)
- Click the Add Record button
- You’ll see three empty fields
- Host Record, TXT Value, and TTL
- Enter the following into each field
- Host Record: @
- TXT Value: google-site-verification=your-unique-string
- TTL: select 4 Hours (min)
- Click the Save button
- Wait a couple minutes…read this or watch this from the Search Advocate Team @ Google
- Go to your GSC tab – click the Verify button
- Success! Your site is now verified with GSC. Remember, GSC will need a couple days to load the data for your domain.